4.05.2013

COLLEGE GIRLS RELOADED DIRECTOR CHIDI- ANYANWU-CHIDOX SPEAKS OUT

college girls reloaded
We promised you on this magazine that we will dig and pull out new Nigerian
movie stars, actors and directors. So today we have gone after this lawyer turned to Movie Director. He is the director of new film College Girls Reloaded, sequel to controversial College Girls, a movie that caused all kinds of rucus when it came out. His name is Chidi -Chidox- Anyanwu.

YOUR STORY

chidi-chidox-anyanwu
"I joined the movie industry because of my love and passion for it. As soon as I finished my national youth service I realized I couldn't settle for anything else but where my passion lies. I cme into the industry started in 2010. Back then in secondary school, I was a good dramatist so after school, I knew I will hαve no issues facing d camera. I came into the industry as an actor. After playing a waka pass in Vivian Ejike's Private Storm in 2010. It Opened the door for me for so many other opportunity. After that I featured in a couple of other movies. Along the line I went further into writing scripts. This paved the way for me as I wrote a couple of scripts. Further more, I started managing productions as a production manager and then started directing.
YOUR JOURNEY
Looking at my journey so far, all I can say is to God be d Glory! I have̲ featured in a couple of movies as an actor, I have̲ a lot of movies to my credit as a writer. I also have ̲about five movies to my credit as a director. So I can say that God has been merciful and awesome to me.


YOUR VIEWS ON NOLLYWOOD
I have̲ always said things can only get better with time. I see a brighter future. I look forward to doing great and wonderful movies. Movies that can get international attention with international standards. Doing a Nollywood/Holywood collaboration. Nollywood/Mexiwood corporation. Just doing some extra ordinary things that will catch the attention of the world

NOLLYWOOD'S PROBLEMS
Nollywood like every other movie industry in the world has its numerous problems and it seems to me that mediocrity is the biggest problem. There are a lot of quacks. Quacks in script writing, in acting, in producing and directing. Apart  from the very few known good film makers, a lot of other ones are quacks. Because of them a lot of people have̲ lost hope in our movies. Bad storyline, bad production and directing. Then there is the issue of sponsorship. You may have̲ a good story but there will be no money to actualize it. Then a couple of other small issues. But all I can say is that it can only get better with time
CHALLENGES YOU FACE
Right now as a young and new director. The major challenge I face is that of  proving myself. People want to see the jobs you have̲ done before they can give you their jobs to do.

Well done Chidox. We pray that the jobs keep flowing.-

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up my able director, it will only get better as you earlier said. More greese to ur elbow- Adonis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always believed in your work,and I know some day you will turn out to be a mega Director,Tumbs up Chidox God crown your efforts

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENEMOH CHRIS IYKE29 January 2014 at 17:59

    GOOD TO KNOW...THUMBS UP.

    ReplyDelete