9.21.2013

POPULAR MOVIE PRODUCER UCHENNA MBUNABO OPENS UP ON HIS ORDEAL WITH UPCOMING ACTRESS MARY JANE OKOYE .. SAYS " I DID NOT DEFRAUD HER OF 1.7MILLION NAIRA"

A few days ago on this blog we posted the story of how a popular Nollywood Producer Uchenna Mbunabo was docked by actress Mary Jane Okoye over allegations of fraud. The up coming actress had claimed that Uchenna had reneged on a production of a movie which she had agreed to sponsor and on which basis she had handed out 1.7million Naira to Uchenna who had also refused to return the money. She had arrested Uchenna who was remanded in Ikoyi prisons and was finally let go on bail. The case is presently in court. In trying to find out the truth behind the said allegations, we had approached Unchenna's media representatives and they released this document to us. We have published it here verbatim.Read on.

"As long as Nollywood  and movie making is concerned in Nigeria and the world at Large, the name Uchenna Mbunabo is a reputable name. Since 2005 he has been doing movies; he has used most respected and recognized Nollywood stars from Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jolade Ekehinde,Ini Edo, Mercy Johnson, Eucharia Anunobi, Patience Ozoukwu,Queen Nwaokoye, Mike Ezuronye, Chidi Mokeme, Desmond Elliot, Emeka Ike, Osita Iheme etc. Movies like Faithful betrayal, bird flu, Love Doctor, The professionals, Romeo Without Juliet, My last wedding, Strange Affection, Azonto Babes, Government Babes, Sweet mistake, College Girls, Secondary School Girls, Today’s women, Dear linda, God of Shiloh, etc are some of his movies that have so much name. He was one of the first Nollywood producers to bring Top Ghanaian Stars like Jackie, Yvonne Nelson, Martha Ankoma when they weren’t known to work here in Nigeria.

He is one independent producer who marketers run to for movies because he does good movies. From 2005 till date he has done over 60 movies of which are very classic home movies. Last year one of his movies “GOVERNMENT BABES” got over ten nominations at Africa Film Festival and Academy Award London where he got nominated as Best producer in Africa and his film best film in Africa. This year one of his movies “God Of Shiloh” got couple of Awards again. This just goes to say how good he is at what he does.

Uchenna Mbunabo is one of the first Nigerian Producers to start Nigeria and Ghana collaboration. He has indeed put in a lot in film business and never has anyone complained of him defrauding or getting into anything dubious".


Uche said 
"Maryjane Okoye is a very close friend, a lady I took in like a friend and sister. I featured her in most of my movies. I gave her roles in my movies, roles no producer in Nollywood would have given her as of that time. All because I took her in as my sister. I just finished shooting another block buster movie titled “Super Models” on Friday 13th September 2013 and she was supposed to be part of it. But instead of coming to location as scheduled, she turned around and shocked me. She gave me a shock of my life by arresting me and taking me to court over a false allegation. As if isn’t enough she went ahead to the press and declared all kinds of lies against me claiming I defrauded her of 1.7million. When I heard this, I didn’t believe my eyes because until that day we were in touch and there was nothing suggesting that she was planning any evil against me. Even as I speak now, my heart is in deep pains because she went too far to achieve what I don’t know. She is just out to tarnish the image I have taken all these years to build but I strongly believe in the words of God that “the truth will always prevail”. I have decided to let God fight for me in this matter.

The truth of the matter is that between Mary and I, she knows nothing of such transaction never existed as she claims. Though this case is still in court I know God who sees in secret and vindicates the innocent will fight for me. Mary and I have never had any deal of 1.7milliion or such so I am still shocked at where she made all of it from. My friends and fans all over the world are all worried over this false news and malicious prosecution but I urge everyone to disregard whatever they may have heard or read of me since Mary started this war of blackmail. I didn’t come all the way since 2005 only to mess my name up over mere 1.7million which isn’t up to the money I use to shoot a short movie. Let God fight for me and deal adequately with those seeking to bring me down unjustly.


Meanwhile my stay at ikoyi prison where I was reminded  after the court first hearing opened my eyes to a lot of things. As a film maker I saw another side of life. The fact that there are a lot people suffering in prison for nothing; some are there languishing for crimes they didn’t commit. However I must commend our government for not totaling forgetting them. At least they are fed and to a certain extent taking care of. But a lot need to be done, I call on well mean Nigerians to rise to assist prison in mates

As for Mary who I made the Actress which she is today in nollywood and has turned around to blackmail and spoil my name. May God who judge people who bite fingers that fed them handle her case."

It is left for you to judge was the truth is. Me thinks there are deeper underlying connotations here. This to me sounds like a case of a romance gone sour. We are just thinking oh". 

1 comment:

  1. Ray Daniels Okeugo21 September 2013 at 17:43

    I really do not like the lines most producers use, such as "I made him/her who she/he is" "I made him/her a star", etc. for me,they are lat back languages because no one can make anyone, when you are contributing in someone's life, the person is also contributing his/her little quarter, though God does not come down to give things to people, rather He uses fellow human, no one should assume His position.

    ReplyDelete