9.24.2015

Exclusive interview with Director/ Producer Edward Uka

Displaying IMG_20150912_073757.jpg

Edward Uka  aka Eddie Bongo has been around the movie industry for a while with his own unique creativity.  He has beaten all odds by making sure he stick to his guns and not diving into making the normal Nollywood movies (of course what do you expect from a Theatre Arts graduate from the prestigious Uni Jos). His uniqueness has won him a place in our hearts the moment we saw his new craft "SUALATA" So we went after him. We will be bring behind the scene photos and trailer of SUALATA the movie. But for now enjoy the interview.

1. Tell us about your new project.

The new project is titled sualata an African story that talks about the spirit of the African man

2. For how long  have you been in the industry?

I have been around for close to 5yrs in the industry

3. You write, produce and direct?

Yes I do the 3

4. What are the limitations and benefits of this arrangement? and how many movies have you written and directed?

The limitations basically finance and investors with the picture of the future are rare to find I have written over a 100 feature length and over 300 short film and documentaries. Wow!

5.Which of your movies has been the most challenging?

Sualata is the most challenging

6.How do you feel about the new nollywood as against what we had in times past?

Well I love change I love challenges and competitions it is a new dawn for nigerian filmmakers and am happy to be part of it



7.Which of your movies do you think has been the most successful and why do you think so?

Sualata because it's my brain child I created the story the script produced and directed and I decided to sink my personal cash to make this film and I think diligence pays I also have a wider coverage of the work on popular sites like yours and from the trailer and pictures already I have received good recommendation and I have an idea of the outcome

8.Who is your inspiration and who do you look up to in the industry?

Basically I love Mel Gibson passionately I have followed his success for years I also love Tarantino for his madness it makes me feel we are many in the world with such so I under study these two. For who I look up to in the industry hmm. ..I will say any filmmaker who thinks outside the box I will look up to you and learn something new but to be specific Tunde Kellani

9. How do you intend to make a difference in the type of movies been produced in nollywood.

Ensure every aspect of production is handled by profesionals, use the right equipments and basically start with a good story and a great script.

10 .What are your plans in the nearest future?

To own a media company that will only shoot out of the box projects that will not be based on speed but quality

11.What do you want to achieve most in the industry and What do you want to tell who are hoping to come in.

I want to be an African painter who will paint Africa in a better light who will promote our culture and moral values that is what I stand for and for those who are hoping to come in love God be passionate and explore. The farmer who considers the wind will never sow.

No comments:

Post a Comment