7.15.2014

I am shy but very romantic- Ali Nuhu

ali nuhu
As a Geography undergraduate of the University of Jos, Ali Nuhu made impacts on the screens in the Northern part of Nigeria and now, the Gombe born actor remains one of the forces to reckon with in Nollywood with an unflinching bias for flicks from the Northern Nigeria.
From nominations to several awards and endorsement deals, Ali has had his fair share of the pecks that come with fame and fortune.
His name resoundingly rings a recurring bell associated with movies from the Northern part of Nigeria yet he speaks convincingly good English and reiterate his openness to scripts and roles from any part of Nollywood.
Recently, the Husseni star spoke to Movie Moments on life, career and why he’s so shy yet romantic.

Congratulations on your award as the City People Entertainment Awards Kannywood actor of the year?
Alhamdulillah, it has been God’s grace and hardwork all through. I know I am not better than the others
but it all shows that hard work pays and I want to appreciate the organisers of the award for the appreciative token.ali nuhu aboard plane to s.a
You are one of the big shots in Nollywood and Kannywood, how did the journey begin?
If you say that I am one of the big shots so I claim it then! Well, I started acting back then at the University of Jos. I used to watch a lot of soap operas and this made me go for several auditions, which got me a minor role; and the role I was given then brought me this far and ever since the journey has been going on pretty fine and I am enjoying every bit of it.
How long have you been acting?
Let me say professionally for 10years and I have featured in so many films that I have even lost count of the numbers. I started with Hausa movies and gradually opportunities came calling in the English genre.
Did you ever believe you will be this big?
ali nuhu's family1
Well I have never dreamt of it, but I have always had great passion for what I do and how I interpret my roles. Those days when we were small, we stayed glued to our TV screens watching movies and you wish to become like who you’re seeing on your TV, you know, I watched a lot of soap operas and series and that was where I made my decision to be who I and do what I currently do and this me. I am not made yet like I use to say, I still look up to great people in the industry.
Is there any difference between Ali Nuhu in films and real life?
There is no difference between the Ali Nuhu on screen and in real life; I am a very lively and fun to be person, very reserved and I don’t bite more than what I can chew. The real Ali Nuhu cares so much about his wife and I am very romantic even though I might be shy at times but sincerely I don’t joke with my woman.
How long have you been married and what was the attraction?
I have being married for 11 years. When I was on location of a set in Kaduna, she came to check on somebody around the area where I was shooting a movie. When I saw her, I told my friends that is the woman I was going to marry. Everybody laughed over it seeing that I didn’t even know her then. Everybody laughed, but now she is my wife.
Did she say ‘Yes’ immediately?
No, she was very shy but she later agreed seeing that I was persistent, then we spoke at length, one thing led to another and we finally got married.ali nuhu and rita dominic
What is that thing people don’t know about you?
Well apart from being an actor I also produce – that is what most people do not know. Although I have been producing Hausa movies not really English and a few of them are Husseni, Hadamsy and many more.
So what are the challenges been faced so far?
Yes, there are lot of challenges, for instant, the kind of atmosphere we use for locations are not so conducive, money is also another challenge but with God, determination and hard work all things work fine. Then also is the issue of piracy, hands really need to be on deck to be able to put a stop to this menace; the movie practitioners cannot do it all alone, we need support from the government too.
Interview conducted by Movie Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment