12.08.2013

IT HAS BEEN VERY CHALLENGING TO GET ROLE BECAUSE OF MY COLOUR- JULIET IBRAHIM

When asked about her biggest challenge,Juliet Ibrahim told Punch
Sometimes, it is related with my colour.  The fact that I am of a mixed race makes people think that I receive preferential treatment. That is a huge misconception.  There are times my colour is a disadvantage and I cannot get certain roles. They would rather give the role to a dark-skinned actor especially if both parents are dark in the movie. Sometimes, the fair-complexioned actors are cast in the roles of husband snatchers and other bad characters. People don’t know that we go through a lot.  It has been very challenging to get a role that can elevate my talent.However, I am being told now that I am receiving more favours because of my fair complexion.   It seems people now have issues with coloured people.
*How true?*

12 comments:

  1. That is a big lie Juliet and u knw it so keep quiet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is a big lie? if u are not in the industry jst shut up nd pass u must not comment. we all knw dark colour skinned ladies get more roles in this industry.

      Delete
    2. Now another person wants to get me angry, which industry are u talking about? first she does not know how to act yet she is a star that alone shows her skin is working for her. where are the likes of
      Esther Audu who has raw talent yet nobody calls her for jobs please don't let me go on and on..

      Delete
    3. your name and my own wants to look alike o maybe we should be friends cos we reason alike

      Delete
  2. what is this one saying?? We all knw the fair girls get more preferance in this industry.. Abeg take several seats jor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pls Juliet dnt provoke me with dis ur talk abeg.. Not that u even know how to act.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like seriously??? Pls say something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So she is mixed? Never knew...but i dnt believe her sha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pls don't insult her it is true oo

    ReplyDelete
  7. abeg hug a transformer juliet schmuliet. we all know fairskinned Girls in Nigeria get more opportunities than the dark Girls so what is she yapping about, she must be a terrible actress and is looking for 15 mins of fame. so Madam mbok kuyaresin eh....comot for road mbok

    ReplyDelete