8.09.2013

NOLLYWOOD ACTOR IKEM CHUDE RECOVERS FROM BLINDNESS, TURNS PASTOR

ikem. wedding
He was that handsome actor that was rising very fast a few years ago. Great things were in store for him. His rise was not sudden but gradually he had built a massive body of work and had become the marketers favorite. No movie was complete without Ikem in it. His fan base had also increased significantly then suddenly Ikem disappeared from the scene.

Most people probably thought that Ikem’s disappearance was like the usual stunts that Nollywood actors pulled once in a while. What they didn’t know was that the amiable actor had suddenly gone blind. And he stayed blind for all of eleven months.
“I cannot say exactly what happened. All I knew was that for a period my eyesight was not really too good. I was not seeing very well then suddenly I stopped seeing altogether.”
It was a trying period for the youngman who had his career path laid out in front of him.
“I went everywhere looking for how to get treated but nobody had any answers. I saw many doctors but they could not find anything wrong with me that was when I realized that what had happened to me was not natural. In our industry several things go wrong. There are those who are not happy with your success. Sometimes they think that it is because of you that they have not succeeded so they do everything they can to stop you. Some even go to the devil. So when I found out that it was not a natural thing I knew it was only God that has the answers. So I embraced him. I went to Dr Sign Fireman of the Fireman Ministries. He prayed for me and I got healed. You know a lot of people belive in the power of the devil but they scoff at the mighty works of God. I am a testimony that God is real and that he can step into any situation if you will only but cry out to him. I cried out and he answered me.
He has been out of Nollywood for over three years now since that incident. What is Ikem doing? Has the incident of the blindness so scared him that he is no longer interested in acting?

“Ikem starts laughing. If I was scared that would be admitting that Satan is powerful I know that he is not because I have won this fight. In the period that I have been away, I got married to the most beautiful woman in the world. I actually got married in June. I have also started pastoring. Right now I have pastored three different branches of the church and at the same time my pastor Dr. Sign Fireman has also given me permission to return to acting so very soon you will start seeing me in the movies again.”


Asked about how challenging the work of the ministry is, Ikem said this.
“It has been challenging especially with the people on the inside. Coming from where I was coming from – Nollywood – it is difficult for people to believe that you are actually genuine. They believe that anybody they see acting in the movies must have some affiliations with the devil, so the people on the inside were a little harder to convince. Those ones on the outside are only interested in signs. Because of that they are a little easier to minister to. The word of God convinces and convicts.”

What about marital life
Ikem starts laughing again.
“My brother I am just beginning to learn what marriage is really. But it has been a beautiful experience. My wife is a beautiful woman and I am proud of her and happy I married her but there is one small thing. When I went to marry her, they did not tell me that she did not know how to make Nkwobi”
When we walked out on this yougman with a happy family and a testimony of God’s goodness in his life, we thanked God for his life and prayed that Nollywood will receive him back quick enough. Nollywood hold on. Ikem Chude is coming back home. Source: inside nollywood blog

No comments:

Post a Comment